Monday, January 04, 2010

Ridiculous and Funny New Year’s resolutions (from the Internet)
• Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my pajamas. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.
• I will no longer waste my time reliving the past. Instead, I will spend it worrying about the future.
• I will do less laundry and use more deodorant.
• I will spend less than 1 hour a day on the internet. This of course will be hard to estimate since I’m not a clock watcher.
• I will read the manual…just as soon as I can find it.
• I want to gain weight. I plan to put on 30 pounds.
• I will procrastinate more.
• I will be more superstitious.


An optimist stays up until midnite to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old one leaves.
Bill Vaughn




The New Year is upon us. Several of my friends are saying “Good riddance 2009!” Loss of jobs, health, friends and family were one too many losses for anyone. As I write this, one friend told me she had been to 3 funerals in 10 days. These are the losses that require gentle and mindful grieving.

On the other hand, when my brand new LG cell phone, slipped out of my pocket and into the toilet ( No, it was not clean water!), this loss took me by surprise. I was grateful there is a lot written on the Internet about “what to do if your cell phone falls in the toilet.”
Deb’s 2010 resolution #1: Be mindful of cell phone placement in restrooms.

In January, my mood occasionally turns like the weather. Dark and chilly. I want to hibernate like a bear in Montana (Are there bears in Montana?). I like to hunker down at nite, under a crochet blanket and not get sweaty from exercise. Perspiration should be reserved for warmer months only.
Deb’s 2010 resolution #2: Exercise only during daylight hours. Do not crawl under a blanket, unless I have 8 hours to stay there.

Post holiday sales is something else January is noted for. You can go to the mall and outlet centers for a glorious shopping spree. This year, I think I will do most of my browsing and spending at Compassion Outlet, Gratitude Mall and Smile Store.
The prices cannot be beat, no one ever gets fired and there are plenty of new hires everyday. These are stores of renewable and reusable energy. I feel inspired and laugh when I go there. Best of all, I can re-gift guilt free.
Deb’s 2010 resolution #3: Go shopping more often. Spend a lot smiling, laughing, and feeling grateful. Don’t comparison shop for Compassion. Only buy high quality.

What I like best about resolution#3 is: I never get sweaty, I think its great exercise, I can do it after dark and I can do it while I am under my blanket. One more thing: My cell phone stays dry.

Blessings of Laughter, Humor and Mirth for 2010,
Debra Joy Hart RN CLL

No comments: