Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I am filled with gratitude....
WOW.. sums it up. My diet support group WOW'd me yesterday.
The image of them supporting my butt, pushing it over the 20lb wall WOW'd me. Then I thought" ewww, they are touching my butt." Yet, the fact that they are willing to help me with my struggle... touch what I admittedly think of as 'ugly', possibly 'smelly'... fills my heart with gratitude....and refilled it today.

And, I ask myself this," How many other times have people, both seen and unseen, thru their prayers and well wishes...helped my proverbial ' smelly butt' over a wall of shame and self loathing.

Many years ago, Alli Ponder told this story of when she was in coma after a car accident.This is the part that has always stayed with me:
Peoples prayers were little stars and they filled and refilled a pitcher. When I needed strength, the pitcher would pour over me and all the prayers would fill me."

Please know that any of you reading these blogs... your well wishes and prayers, your gentle smiles, sly winks or hearty laughs... are all stars in my pitcher.

2 comments:

Reasonable Sandra said...

I went to bed last night filled with an open and loving heart for your Uganda mission. I am going to be offering a new program, and I'm going to do it for the first month for a $2 donation to the fund we are starting for you so you can take medical supplies with you. I'll post more soon. Thanks for you open heart!

Unknown said...

I'm having a blast trying to figure out ways to support you in your trip to 20 pounds and to Uganda.

I would love to hear more about what kinds of medical supplies you would like to be taking to Uganda and the best way to help you get those - money, sending them to you, sending them to the group you are working with, something else?