Saturday, January 29, 2011

What tickles you?

I dont mean in the way your Uncle Hershey ( well, I had one of those) would tickle you on your ribs 'till you cried out " uncle" or whatever...I usually was in so much pain and embarrassed by... well, those of you reading this know exactly what I mean!

I mean: What tickles you emotionally , and helps make you laugh during the day?

And, do you wake up saying," I want to find the 'funny' today."

Do you look for the"tickle" in the day? Even when you feel emotionally awful?

To tell the truth, I dont either. And I write about this stuff.

During times of depression, that is not the first thing on my mind.

Since I am starting a 100 days of health, I want to be like my best friend X. She's going thru a rough time and my heart goes out to her. She listens to NPR " Car Talk." and " Wait, Wait dont tell me." That is her Vitamin " h' for the day. Its not always the laughter or " humor". She listens to the emotionality of what is going on. And because the emotion or Mirth is what she is listening to... it lifts her emotions and is comforting.

What is your Vit H for the day? Is it watching determined squirrels slide down the birdfeeder pole, coninuously? Perhaps its your grandchild giggling for the first time? I know these are 2 of mine. I listen to Tom Lehrer a lot too.. and kids songs... they make tickle me. more than that, its the sound of genuine happiness that does my body good.

I hope everyone reading this takes a dose of Vit H today... and you can " get your giggle on!'

No comments: